Receptive Language Disorder
Affects a child’s ability to attend, recognize, retain, and comprehend what is being said to them.
Is your child unable to:
- Recognize body parts and point to them when asked
- Follow simple directions
- Enjoy simple stories, rhymes, and songs
- Point to pictures, when named, in books
- Respond to yes or no questions
- Respond to who, what, where, and why questions
Or, does your child repeat words or phrases (echolalia) back?
If your child has difficulty in one or more of these areas, they may benefit from a speech and language therapy program.