Expressive Language Disorder
Characterized by a reduced utterance length, reduced vocabulary, and reduced use of age-appropriate grammar.
Is your child unable to:
- Imitate speech sounds
- Have a word for almost everything (2-3 years)
- Acquire new words on a regular basis
- Use two or three- word phrases to talk about and ask for things (2-3 years)
- Ask questions
- Use sentences with four or more words (3-4 years)
- Start a conversation and keep it going (3-4 years)
If your child has difficulty in one or more of these areas, they may benefit from a speech and language therapy program.